Signature Edition Box Set
SIGNATURE EDITION BOX SET SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law and outside the United States. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Sweepstakes begins on January 12, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on January 26, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility: The Signature Edition Box Set Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to U.S. residents currently residing in the 50 United States including the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of majority (19+ in AL and NE; 21+ in MS) or older as of the date of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of The United States Playing Card Company (“Sponsor”) or its affiliates or subsidiaries (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
2. Sponsor: The Sponsor is The United States Playing Card Company, 300 Gap Way, Erlanger, KY 41018.
3. How to Enter:
Visit https://bicyclecards.com/signature-edition-box-set-sweepstakes/ during the Sweepstakes Period and complete and submit the registration form, and follow Bicycle on Twitter, Instagram and/or Facebook. The registration form will require you to provide: your first and last name; your valid mailing address (street address, city, and ZIP code); your valid, working email address; and your valid, working telephone number. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of delivery.
Limit one (1) entry per person/email address, regardless of the method of entry used. You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter and win. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded.
Sponsor and its agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, or service providers may use entrants’ personal information submitted with entry for purposes of prize fulfillment and/or for future marketing, such as to notify them of a product or Sweepstakes that Sponsor thinks may be of interest. Sponsor will not sell personal information submitted with entry to outside solicitors.
Bulk, automated and/or third party entries are prohibited and will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter the Sweepstakes will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply.
4. Selection of winner: On or about January 26, 2022, Sponsor will select the names of one (1) potential prize winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winners will be notified by email within three (3) business days of the drawing date. Except where legally prohibited, each potential winner must sign and return, within seven (7) days of being notified, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (collectively, “Winner Documentation”) in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted in person via email after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if he/she fails to complete and return all required Winner Documentation or other required document within the required time period (if applicable), or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
Verification of Potential Winners: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION AND DUE DILIGENCE BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
5. Prize: One (1) prize winner will receive a USPC Signature Edition Box Set. The USPC Signature Edition Playing Cards Box Set is an exclusive collection of USPC playing cards (Aristocrat®, Bee®, Bicycle® and Tally-Ho®), all in the coveted thin-crushed cardstock for a premium card-handling experience. The approximate retail value of the prize is one hundred and fifty dollars ($150.00).
There is no obligation to receive the prize if you are selected as a potential winner. Once notification is sent to a potential winner that verification is complete, the winner will have twenty-four (24) hours to exercise their option to receive the prize. If a winner declines to receive the prize, the winner will forfeit the prize and an alternate potential winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Prize Restrictions: Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the individual prize winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other Sweepstakes or offer.
6. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control, including but not limited to any cyber-attack or hack, impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes or the awarding of the prize, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
7. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR PLATFORM ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website associated with the Sweepstakes, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in a disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
8. PUBLICITY; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES:
By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to alterations, malfunctions, interruptions, cyber-attacks, hacks, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; and (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, or the receipt or use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THE SWEEPSTAKES CANNOT OPERATE AS PLANNED, OR ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED, DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, ACTUAL OR THREATENED PUBLIC HEALTH CRISES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, EPIDEMICS AND PANDEMICS AND GOVERNMENT DIRECTIVES RELATED THERETO), WEATHER, CYBER-ATTACKS, HACKS, OR TERRORISM.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Publicity Release. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WINNERS GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING AND SWEEPSTAKES AGENCIES, SUPPLIERS, AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO ITS AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, EACH WINNER’S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
9. Disputes. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky or the appropriate State Court located in Kenton County, Kentucky; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and/or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Kentucky, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Kentucky or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Kentucky.
11. Official Rules and Winner: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit https://bicyclecards.com/signature-edition-box-set-sweepstakes/. For a list of the winner available after January 26, 2022, visit https://bicyclecards.com/signature-edition-box-set-sweepstakes/.
Copyright ©2022 The United States Playing Card Company. All rights reserved.